Singapore Architect’s Village Bamboo Skyscraper
The program challenges participants to design a NEW Architect’s Village Bamboo Skyscraper that takes into account the need for a contemporary approach of bamboo construction in such an urban setting and today’s ever-increasing need for ecological design principles. The design should be visually and aesthetically engaging in contributing to the wider investigation to the use and possibilities of bamboo in tall construction design.
The new proposed skyscraper city should in general maximise positive impact of such a vertical structure and be an acceptable addition to the Singapore City Skyline.
It should respond directly to the issue of sustainable and ecology space creation in a city such as Singapore. And also address the social, environmental, cultural and economic issues and concerns of the ever-increasing construction of urban Skyscrapers.
The proposal must have bamboo as the dominant material with the program incorporating at least the following spaces clearly detailed and justified as participants are free to decide on the ratio, size and space combination within their program:
· 50% Office / Studios
· 30% Hotel / Residential Use
· 20% Recreational Use (Including any landscape/gardens)
· 10% Educational / Workshops Use
· Bicycle Parking
· Circulation Management
· Access (Horizontal and Vertical)
Total Design Area: Open to participants
Total Plot Size: 54,835.37 m² (square meters), approximately
· Graduate Architects
· Architecture Students
· Team (Architects, Graduate Architect, Architecture Students, Engineers, Designers)
Every entrant shall be required to pay an entry fee as follows:
· Special Registration: $80 US from 22nd August 00:00 (GMT) to 06th September 2013 23:59 (GMT)
· Early Registration: $100 US from 07th September 00:00 (GMT) to 26th September 2013 23:59 (GMT)
· Standard Registration: $120 US from 27th September 2013 00:00 (GMT) to 30th January 2014 23:59 (GMT)
· Late Registration: $150 US from 31st January 2014 00:00 (GMT) to 04th February 2014 23:59 (GMT)
04th February 2014 23:59 (GMT) ---------------------------------- Closing Date for Submissions
Mitchell Joachim Ph.D. – Associate Professor in Practice of Architecture and Urban Design at New York University / Founding Co-President of Terreform ONE, USA
An Innovator in ecological architecture and urban design, researcher and architectural educator.
Piotr Kuczia Ph.D. – Architect / Founder of Kuczia Architect, Poland / Germany
Architect of 'CO2-Saver' House, educator and renowned expert on ecological constructions.
Damian Przybyła – Architect, co-author of "Migrant Skyscraper” Evolo 2012, Poland.
RESULT ANNOUNCEMENT / PUBLICATION:
20th February 2014 ----------------------------------- Winners Announcement
PRIZES AND AWARDS
Winning project entries will receive prizes totalling US$ 6,000.00 as follows:
US$ 3,500 (THREE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
US$ 1,500 (ONE THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED US DOLLARS)
US$ 1,000 (ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS)
10 Special Mentions